APARTMENTS NEAR SIENA, TUSCANY
DISTANCE FROM BORGO AL CERRO: ca 110 km (90 mins)
The medieval look of the buildings and narrow lanes lend the town a very appealing atmosphere.
- BASILICA DI SANTA MARGHERITA
- SANTUARIO FRANCESCANO DELLE CELLE
- PALAZZO COMUNALE
- PALAZZO CASALI (former residence of aristocratic Cortonese family, now houses Museum of Etruscan Academy)
- CATHEDRAL (Renaissance)
- MUSEO DIOCESANO (contains works by major local artists such as Luca Signorelli, and one of the finest Annunciations by Beato Angelico).
- End April: marble sculpture fair
- Assumption: Offering of candles to Santa Margherita (parade in costume)
- 14-15 August: Sagra della Bistecca (annual Beefsteak Fair)
- End August/September: Antique Furniture Fair
Combine with visit to Arezzo (ca 30 km) or Lake Trasimeno (ca 10 km), or Montepulciano (ca 30 km) – OUTLET (clothing store) VALDICHIANA exit off A1 motorway.